UNIVERSITY OF ZILINA

FACULTY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING

Slovenčina (Slovenská Republika)English (United Kingdom)




The faculty of civil engineering of the University of Žilina was established in Prague as a part of the railway university in October 1-st, 1953. This university was relocated from Prague to Žilina and, contemporaneously, it changed its name to the Technical University of Transport. The Faculty of transport merged with our faculty and both created the new Faculty of operation and economics of transport in 1961. The new independent faculty of civil engineering was re-established as an independent subject in 1990.
Actually faculty includes eight departments, Centre of Excellence in Transport Engineering, Centre for Applied Research, Research and Education Centre for Young Researches VYCEN and Accredited laboratory. It produces yearly 150 specialists for the area of transport structures and related buildings. At present, there have been about 1 200 students includes doctoral students.